Reflecting back on January, I noticed a pattern in my goals towards the end of the month. The only thing I was focusing on was my photography business, and that didn’t make me a very happy person. My self-care goals went unmet, spiritual goals went unmet, and goals for meal planning also went unmet. Some days, I was so immersed in my work that I forgot to eat lunch…oops! So in February, while I do still have goals for my business, I am making it a point to focus on my other goals too. I can not give to my business and serve my clients well if I am first not taking care of myself.
Although I didn’t accomplish every goal, I am celebrating progress on the following wins:
- Painting my office desk and ordering a comfy chair for it! I can’t wait to finish this room!
- I cleaned out the office closet, master bedroom closet, and guest bedroom closet. Everything is much more organized now!
- A finished reading “A Simplified Life”….ya’ll this book will change your life!
- I declutter our fridge and pantry
- I automated some of my workflows in Honeybook (my client management software) so that when busy season comes I am set
- I enjoyed a few days in Disney World with my husband! We had a blast!
Below are my goals for the month of February! I’ve already started making progress on some of these!
- Read “Tribes”. I set a goal to read 10 business books this year, so I’m excited to get started on this!
- Read “Grace Not Perfection”. Given my workaholic tendencies last month, I figured reading this was a must.
- Work on my website’s SEO.
- Attend one photography networking event….I always tend to mentally plan on going to these, but then my introvert kicks in and I don’t go 😀 I knew if I wrote it down, it would help me to commit.
- Hang our bedroom and guest bedroom curtains. We’ve been in this house since June and have yet to do this….oops!
- I have two business courses I’m going to be working on this month
- I want to workout 4xs a week…I have a newfound love for yoga..so relaxing!
- I want to blog 2xs a week because ya’ll deserve fresh content!
- Social media free weekends (the struggle is real on this!)
- I want Christopher and I to have weekly financial check-ins so that we can stay focused on paying off student loan debt this year!
Do you have any big goals for this month? What are they?
welcome to our home on the web!
We are Tierney and Christopher. We're Raleigh wedding photographers who serve timeless couples that want an effortless wedding day filled with sentimental moments!